International Society of Endocytobiology (ISE)
European Academy of Biomedicine and Endocytotechnology
International Congress on Endocytobiology, Symbiosis and Biomedicine
"Symbiogenesis and Carcinogenesis"
Freiburg im Breisgau (Germany)
April 5 - 9, 1998
The newly built Institute of Biology I, Hauptstr. 1, D-79104 Freiburg is the main venue for the conference, including Registration Office, Lecture Hall II, Video Show Room and Exhibition Hall. Lecture Hall I is within walking distance.
ENDOCYTOBIOLOGY VII will offer concurrent events on basic sciences and medical topics, organized according to the following format:
• Plenary Lectures featuring invited speakers, will review all areas of endocytobiology.
• Scientific Sessions to be conducted by experts in the field and designed to review the present state of the science and present examples and guidelines for practical applications. The sessions will consist of 15 minute oral presentations, each followed by a 5 minute question period.
• J.F. Fredrick Memorial Symposium specially dedicated to the memory of Jerome F. Fredrick (1926 - 1995), New York, who investigated the origin of living cells and the evolution of eukaryotic cells. During this symposium on Tuesday, April 7, 1998, invited speakers will cover the whole field of eukaryogenesis.
• Poster Sessions will be arranged to allow the presentation and discussion of the material that, due to its nature, requires a detailed analysis or discussion and cannot be illustrated in the limited time of oral presentation; all posters will be on display in the Exhibition Hall during the whole congress. The maximum size of the poster is 110 cm width x 140 cm height.
• Exhibits, Workshops and Round Table Discussions will provide informal and interactive ways to get in touch with the latest technology and to have in depth discussions of selected topics.
Information on additional excursions during and after the conference will be available at the registration desk.
has been appointed Official Carrier for ENDOCYTOBIOLOGY VII. We kindly ask all participants to contact their nearest Swissair Office for special congress fares (please contact the Conference Office for the code needed).
Some Swissair contact addresses:
• Argentina: Swissair Office Buenos Aires (Phone: +54-1 319 0000
/ Fax: +54-1 319 0090)
• Australia: Swissair Office Sydney (Phone: +61-02 9232 17 44 / Fax: +61-02 9251 65 31)
• China: Swissair Office (Phone: +86-10 6512 3555 / Fax: +86-10 6512 7481)
• Greece: Swissair Office Athens (Phone: +30-1 96 10 203 / Fax: +30-1 96 13 416)
• France: Swissair Office Paris (Phone: +33-140 78 10 00 / Fax: +33-145 65 00 48)
• Israel: Swissair Office (Phone: +972-03 511 6565 / Fax: +972-03 510 2993)
• Italy: Swissair Office Milano (Phone: +39-02 66 7022 / Fax: +39-02 66 97 436)
• Japan: Swissair Office Tokyo (Phone: +81-03 3212 1007 / Fax: +81-03 3201 6947)
• Russia: Swissair Office Moscow (Phone: +7-095 258 1888 / Fax: +7-095 258 1852)
• Spain: Swissair Office Madrid (Phone: +34-1 547 92 07 / Fax: +34-1 542 97 35)
• UK: Karin Rommel Travel Plc. (Phone: +44-171 499 7611 / Fax: +44-171 493 0326)
• USA/Canada: Conferences International Inc. (Phone: +1-800 221 8747 / Fax: +1-617 266 5886)
Further travel information is given here.
Accomodation in Freiburg in hotels of various price categories has been arranged. In order to ensure that your hotel reservation will be made as required, it is necessary for you to return the ‘Hotel Reservation' forms as soon as possible directly to the hotel of your choice (addresses and prices are given on the forms). The hotels will report each reservation to the Conference Office. The organizers reserve the right to assign another hotel, should the requested accomodation be fully booked. If you are interested in receiving the Hotel Reservation Form please contact the Conference Office.
Facilities will be available for the projection of 5 cm x 5 cm slides (2" x 2"). All slides must be handed to the slide desk in the Registration Office at 8 AM or one hour before the beginning of the session and must be reviewed by the speakers beforehand.
A bus shuttle service has been arranged for all registered participants to provide transport to the conference site in the morning and back to the hotels (InterCity Hotel, Hotel & Boardinghaus, Hotel Kolpinghaus and ETAP Hotel) in the evening. A detailed time-table will be available at the registration desk.
In addition to the bus shuttle service all registered participants and accompanying persons will receive a long-term ticket for public transportation within Freiburg, valid for the duration of the conference. As parking space is limited near the Institute we urgently ask all participants to use public transportation.
All participants giving an invited lecture, an oral presentation or a poster presentation will be entitled to submit a paper (of a restricted length) to be published in the Proceedings of the conference. Details will be sent to all presenters. All contributions are subject to peer review. Pre-publication alterations will be at the discretion of the editorial board. Where manuscripts need extensive revision, they will be returned to the authors. Articles will only be accepted with the signed statement that they are not being submitted elsewhere. Permission to use previously published material must be obtained by the author from the original copyright owner and submitted with the manuscript.
The Conference Proceedings
"From Symbiosis to Eukaryotism - ENDOCYTOBIOLOGY VII"
are now available!
All participants and sponsors of the congress are kindly requested to contribute to this fund, created by the organizers to help East European colleagues and students participate in ENDOCYTOBIOLOGY VII.
|Mrs. H. Hirsch
| Phone: +49-761-290-7447
Deadline: March 1, 1998
To receive the Second Circular including the Registration and Hotel Accomodation Forms e-mail your request to the Conference Office:
c/o Dr. Johannes Normann
Institut für Biologie II
D-79104 Freiburg, Germany
© Dr. J. Normann